Vision Shipping Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi & Hong Kong, India
Designation: General Manager - Key Accounts - Date: Aug'07 till Jun'13 - Duration: 5 Years & 10 Months
Vision Shipping Private Limited was established in 2006 and has their office in Hong Kong and New Delhi. The company is a well established organization for the past 4 years, with business transactions being carried out in India as well as internationally. The company is working with top ranked steel manufacturers and raw material suppliers (Iron Ore & Coking Coal) globally in fulfilling their export and import transport in Dry Bulk cargo needs via sea.
The company is also actively involved in the sourcing of Iron Ore from India with Fe 58% to Rejection below 64.5% on FOB and CNF basis to buyers throughout the world.
Process: Trading of Commodities and Shipping & Chartering
- Distinction of increasing tonnages by 25% Y.O.Y and a 35% increase in revenue generation Y.O.Y.
- Dexterously handled shipment on spot and COA basis of from Australia, USEC, China and S. Africa.
- Instrumental in managing operations including vessel nomination and acceptance to traders & port.
Key Result Areas:
- Heading operations, viz., trading and coordination of seaborne dry-bulk including Anthracite Coal, Coking Coal, Limestone, Iron Ore pellets and Iron Ore fines.
- Accountable for liaising with steel manufacturing companies and units for plants to record consumption, deliveries and forecasts.
- Working with company’s ship owner’s and suppliers to secure shipping and logistics needs. Organizing shipping documentation.
- Rectifying operational problems arising during transportation and resolving invoicing and reconciling delivery / invoice discrepancies.
- Checking freight calculations basis owner’s invoice and laytime calculations of vessel.
- Coordinating charter parties with owners / brokers/ charterers and finalization. Preparing MIS of vessel updates, freight and Bunker index trends.
- Ensuring service delivery of client / customer in sync with the client’s laid parameters for business continuity. Interacting with the customer for improved service levels.